REGISTRATION NOW OPEN FOR OUR
SBVVMA JUNE MEETING
The ABCD’s of the 2019 ACVIM Cardiology Guidelines
June 8, 2023 at 7 pm
Please join us for our next SBVVMA meeting with a presentation sponsored by BI. We will be meeting at Cafe Fiore in downtown Ventura.
Appetizers + Cash Bar 7 pm
Business Meeting 7:30 pm
Presentation 7:45-8:45 pm with questions after
Our meeting is sponsored by BI.
TOPIC: The ABCD’s of the 2019 ACVIM Cardiology Guidelines
A review of what is new in Cardiology, based on the ACVIM and CEG guidelines for myxomatous mitral valve disease in dogs. Learning objectives:
1. Know how to use appropriate diagnostic tests to stage dogs with chronic valvular disease (CVD) according to the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ACVIM) Heart Failure Staging scheme
2. Learn the new recommendations for treatment of stage B2 CVD, with emphasis on the scientific evidence responsible for the updates.
3. Learn the new recommendations for treatment of stage C CVD, with emphasis on the scientific evidence responsible for the updates.
SPEAKER BIO: Andrew Evan Schreibman, DVM
Dr. Schreibman earned his DVM from the College of Veterinary Medicine at Mississippi State University, completed a residency program in Anatomic Pathology at the University of Missouri, and served as a Small Animal Medicine and Surgery Intern at the Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine with the University of Illinois. He brings over 20 years of diverse education and experience in veterinary medicine built from multiple disciplines – clinical practice, research, academia, and industry. Dr. Schreibman has authored and co-authored several publications and scientific presentations. In his current role as Senior Professional Services Veterinarian, he educates and presents information to colleges, corporate accounts, local associations, sales distributor partners, and individual practices. Passionate about continuous learning and evidence-based medicine, Dr. Schreibman is always seeking opportunities to provide the best education to everyone from pre-veterinary students to specialized Key Opinion Leaders. Outside of veterinary medicine, he umpires high school baseball and runs marathons.
Appetizers + Cash Bar
Salad - Burrata & Beet Salad
Entree - Please choose one of three options at registration:
1. Grilled Portobello Mushroom Cap
2. Fish of the Week
3. NY Steak
Dessert - Seasonal Cobbler with Ice cream
Business Meeting notes:
1. We are looking for New Board Members! This organization is run by volunteer members. Please let us know if you need more information or are interested.
2. If you know a colleague is not receiving these emails, please have them contact us to make sure their email is up to date on our website. TY!
Please note: Attendance is limited to veterinarians licensed in California and working or residing in Ventura county and in the Santa Barbara-Carpenteria-Goleta coastal region of Santa Barbara county, and retired former members of the SBVVMA.